Wolves’ defeat of the Hammers moved Manuel Pellegrini’s side into first place
It’s been a dreadful start to the season for West Ham.
Manuel Pellegrini was appointed the club’s manager during the summer, and he oversaw a rebuild during the transfer window that is said to have cost over £100million.
Despite that, West Ham have suffered defeat in all four of their Premier League matches to date, only picking up a win against League One side AFC Wimbledon in the EFL Cup.
The Hammers sit rooted to the bottom of the league table given their point-less start to the campaign, and they set an unwanted record when Adama Traore’s late, late strike guided Wolves to victory over the east Londoners on Saturday.
With the ending of that 1-0 defeat at the London Stadium, West Ham moved clear of the chasing pack to become the team with the most defeats in Premier League history.
But who else joins the Hammers near the top of this unfortunate ranking? talkSPORT have collected the top 10 teams with most all-time losses in the Premier League, and you can see the results below…
10. Liverpool have lost 246 Premier League matches
9. Blackburn Rovers have lost 250 Premier League matches
8. Manchester City have lost 257 Premier League matches
7. Sunderland have lost 296 Premier League matches
6. Southampton have lost 305 Premier League matches
5. Tottenham Hotspur have lost 323 Premier League matches
4. Newcastle United have lost 326 Premier League matches
3. Aston Villa have lost 333 Premier League matches
2. Everton have lost 351 Premier League matches
1. West Ham United have lost 352 Premier League matches
*All data taken from the official Premier League website. Correct as of September 5, 2018